Thursday 9 May 2019

Book: Keeping archives (Ellis 2e 1993)

Keeping archives (2e 1993)
Ellis, J.(Ed.) (1993). Keeping archives (Second ed.). Port Melbourne, Vic: D W Thorpe.
ISBN 9781875589159

When I worked at ABC Radio Melbourne (1983-1994) some kind souls used to leave books that were no longer required for programme reviews at strategic points on the landings of the old Waverley Court building that housed 3LO and 3AR staff. This must have been one of the last books I was able to acquire, given its date of publication.
At the time I got it I equated archiving with the work of book and record librarians. As time has moved on it has come to mean so much more to me: with the research work I did for my Master of Arts; for archiving personal and computer files; and for Electronic Document and Records Management Systems that are now mandatory for all Australian government departments.
As a species we keep a lot of records; but we don't archive them well because most of us don't know or care to learn a few basic rules of archiving. This book is a useful reference for anyone working in (or whose hobby is) archive administration.
Other reading of related texts
Reference List / In-Text Citation Styles in APA 6th
Please Note: I do not strictly follow APA style in these citations as I would like various technology and media to be able to access these pages.




20190509
Keeping archives (Ellis 2nd ed. 1993)


Unless otherwise noted all books listed were in my personal library at the time of the first blog posting about the book. Some titles were borrowed from RMIT University libraries during the period 2006-2016, or from Hobsons Bay City Council library.

About this website and privacy
European Union (EU) laws require me, as author of this blog, to give EU visitors information about cookies used on this blog. In many cases, these laws may also require me, as author, or Google, as blog host, to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, I note that Google have added the following notice on this blog to help meet these regulations:

"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

. LinkedIn Fender 93 Super Amp PR244 201905
.

No comments:

Post a Comment